Dear CERCIRAS action members, we are happy to announce an open call for Dissemination Conference Grants (DCG) provided by COST action in a current Grant Period until October 31st, 2022.
The aim is to support a presentation of the work of the Action in high-level conferences by an Action participant. As such, DCG:
- Significantly increase visibility of the Action in the research community, can contribute to increasing visibility of the presenter;
- Attract additional participants and stakeholders and disseminate Action results to relevant end-users at high profile Conferences in the field on a topic relevant to the Action.
Benefits from DCG
- Dissemination Conference Grantee: receives support for attending and presenting the Action, their activities, and results (oral presentation) at a conference and/or for developing new contacts and potential future collaborations;
- COST Action: receives increased visibility and awareness, new contacts with potential stakeholders.
Your primary affiliation is in a Legal entity in COST F/C Member, Legal entity in a NNC, or European RTD Organisation,
You have a contribution (that will include a mandatory Acknowledgement in the published version) accepted or invited for an oral presentation at an international conference.
The conference takes place in a country different from your country of residence and different from the country of your primary affiliation.
The topic of your contribution and the conference theme are relevant to CERCIRAS.
Conferences in Europe are preferred, but conferences outside of Europe may be considered as well.
Conference grant holders must properly acknowledge their financial support in their published contribution as well as on the respective presentation slides.
The Grant is providing contribution for travelling, accommodation and subsistence expenses, registration fee, printing of scientific poster and overall effort in an amount of:
– Up to EUR 2 000,00 per grant for face-to-face participation
– Up to EUR 500.00 for virtual participation
Please send the following documentation in one pdf file to the CERCIRAS Conference Grants Committee in advance:
a) complete print or screenshot of your e-cost application;
b) title of your accepted contribution;
c) accepted submission including mandatory Acknowledgement
d) proof of acceptance (or invitation) for the oral presentations;
e) proof of registration for the conference with list of meals covered by registration fee
f) break-down of your (expected) travel expenses;
g) your short CV (as provided to the e-cost system);
h) a brief description of your involvement in the COST Action (as provided to the e-cost system);
The CERCIRAS Conference Grants Committee verifies your application. If your application is complete and formally meets all COST requirements, we initiate the voting procedure of the Core Group (CG) that formally decides about your application on behalf of the Management Committee (MC).
Upon approval of the Core Group, the Action Chair pre-approves your conference grant in the e-cost system and you receive a formal notification.
Grantee delivers the approved oral presentation, actively networks with other participants and promotes the COST Action to the potential stakeholders;
After the conference (reporting):
Once the activity has ended, the grantee submits the required reports and relevant documentation in e-COST within 30 days after the end date of the activity or 15 days after the end of the Grant Period, whichever date comes first and claims the payment of the grant via e-COST.
This report must be aligned with the template provided in the e-cost system and contain:
– Report to the Action MC on the outcome of the presentation, contacts made and potential for future collaborations;
– The certificate of attendance,
– the programme of the conference or book of abstracts / proceedings indicating the oral presentation of the grantee
– copy of the given presentation.
This e-cost report together with the certificate, conference program, paper, and presentation must be sent to the CERCIRAS Grants Committee.
Failure to produce the above documentation in time may result in the cancellation of your conference grant!
Always get in touch with the CERCIRAS Conference Grants Committee as early as possible. We’re there to help you with your application throughout the process.